The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Thursday, November 06, 2008

To suppress your feelings is to imprison your spirit.

.
November 6, 2008
Thursday

.
Life. Unpredictable. Very surprising--enough to surprise even oneself most of the times.

I'm honest with what I feel. Of course, like everyone, I too have my own deepest secrets, but to be able to express some which are less dark helps me ease the emotional burden that I sometimes feel.

If you will observe the millions of blog sites on the Internet right now, they show the generalization that most--if not all--human beings crave to be heard and noticed and to feel belonged. I'm one of those. Simple as that. I'm not a hypocrite, to say that I write personal experiences on the Internet without the desire to be read by others. They are my messages in a bottle, thrown aimlessly at the vast ocean of anonymity.

In self-redemption, I have also a positive purpose in doing this--aside from documenting my life for my own benefit and for posterity's sake--that is, to serve as an example to others that humans are very emotional and predictably unpredictable beings.

Just keep on expressing yourself. Don't hide behind a mask of anonymity. This is cowardice.

To conceal your identity is to be ashamed of your personality.

To suppress your feelings is to imprison your spirit.

Today, the first snowdrops of Winter fell. It rained as well. As always, on me the magic of whiteness cast its spell.

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, November 09, 2008 7:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its been a while since I used the computer. Its been a while since I read your last post. Good to know that your back at the blogosphere. I still enjoy reading your articles. No matter what the topics are.

    Why post the comment here... well, for I relate most. Hope everything is well and good. Take care.

     
  • At Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:21:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    blackhart,
    Are you using your new laptop? Yeah, I'm back. It's been a long while since my activity on the blogosphere. It's about time, especially that many friends whom I influenced and inspired into starting their own blogspots are keeping on.

    Your new laptop? Still thinking if buying it is a right decision? Or if you should have continued using your brother's instead?

    Stop thinking about it now. Having a sense of ownership will surely enhance your prolificacy.

    Thanks for the comment, by the way.

    Yeah, I'm back.

     
  • At Monday, November 17, 2008 5:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree elf. we humans have to have this way of releasing our emotions...
    in the past there are different kinds of primitive methodologies, but i guesse more people ( especially male persons) now are more open to creating blogs to show their emotions, ideas...

    and wether it is good or bad, sickening or inspiring, it always tells a lesson or two. ( in one way or another).

    Thanks Elf.

    Cheers!!!


    -- fred

     
  • At Monday, November 17, 2008 5:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree elf. we humans have to have this urge of releasing our emotions...
    in the past there are different kinds of primitive methodologies, but i guesse more people ( especially male persons) now are more open to creating blogs to show their emotions, ideas...

    and wether it is good or bad, sickening or inspiring, it always tells a lesson or two. ( in one way or another).

    Thanks Elf.

    Cheers!!!

    (sorry, just edited something)

    thanks!

    fred here.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "To suppress your feelings is to imprison your spirit."

    Spirit died a little over the weekend. Suppressed for the past month. Spirit flew but then t'was too late. It ran, tripped and fell.

    A little self-redemption when released and spoke the truth.

    Still t'was too late. Spirit's broken but healing.

    Wish it snowed here, Alfie... instead of dark clouds overhead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home