The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Are we human, or are we dancer?

.
November 16, 2008
Sunday

.

Yesterday, as I was organizing my MP3 collection, I realized that in my hard disk drives are already around 100,000 of songs! Whew! Have I listened to every single song? Admittedly, not yet. But I make sure that I play an entire new album as regularly as possible. And although I have the tendency to play my classic favorites every time I want to get recharged, I also try to listen to new songs and new artists. Strictly New Wave? Not anymore, as I said a long time ago. Though the genre remains my favorite, my ears have long been accustomed to listening to any genre of music. Would you believe that, depending on mood and purpose, I could be moved in a similar level of emotions by songs by The Cure, Ogie Alcasid, Yoyoy Villame, Megadeth, Mozart, Rihanna, or Chuck Mangione.

Since that I can pretty much download songs I like, do I still buy CDs? Of course.

In fact, I've completed the recent releases of The Cure--all the new singles, the EP, as well as the new album.

Last night, I chanced upon the television MTV Europe with The Killers performing their new single "Human." I was passionately moved. My favorite genre is really here to stay forever. Worthy of noting also is the fact that The Killers interpolated some lines from Echo & the Bunnymen's "Bring On the Dancing Horses" at the end of the song.

The Killers' new, third album, Day & Age, is set to be released by the end of the month. Will I buy a copy?

Of course. I'm a Killers fan, since the day in 2003 when I first heard "Mr. Brightside," a time when The Killers were still unheard of by many ordinary people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home