The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Somewhere in the World There's a Cowboy Smiling

.
December 2, 2006
Saturday

Worry that I might get late again for work, like yesterday, I went earlier than usual. I arrived at Riverview Health Centre at 2:30 p.m., and my shift is 3:30 p.m. to 11:45 p.m; better early than late again.

A really chilly, snowy Saturday, most people are perhaps in their homes, comfortably resting or spending time with their families, or maybe watching TV or listening to music. But here I am, working my ass off. That's okay. I find working as a health care aide very fulfilling and easy, considering that I'm really looking forward finally to become a nurse in a matter of months (or at the most, two years).

...
Finally I decided to give up my job at A&W Restaurant, as I realized that I could have been earning more if I concentrate on my health care aide job. I hope to be able to work every day, morning shift, at the nursing homes, and then spend the rest of the day reviewing and writing and doing other important errands.

I submitted my resignation letter last Thursday, effective on December 13. As much as I'd like to stay, since I also enjoy working at A&W, I have to do that. Besides, I believe that the time to look for better opportunities is ripe once again.

...
For the meantime, my columns ("Sa Madaling Salita" and the Engkanto series) in The Filipino Journal remain. In fact, I have a deadline to meet. I need to finish today the next articles, due tomorrow. So, while waiting for the start of my shift, I will now begin keying the rough article I began writing last night: "May Sariling Musika Ba ang mga Musikerong Filipino ng Winnipeg?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home