The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Here comes the snow again

.
December 31, 2006
Sunday

Guess what? It's New Year's Eve and I'm here at Riverview Health Centre, working from 7:30 a.m. till 9 p.m. tonight.

Last night, snow fell once again. It gave us about 20 cm of snow on the ground. I was also working, until 11:45 p.m. I was lucky, for a fellow health care aide who had a car offered to drop me off, since that she would be passing by where I live. If not, I would have trekked the deep snow unprepared.

This morning I began calling a cab at about 6:30, but all lines were busy. It was already about 9 when I got through. I arrived at work at 9:30. I called the agency beforehand and asked them to inform Riverview that I would be running late.

It was okay, though, for not only me but also a lot of employees got late because of the sudden snowfall.

Work today is relatively easy. But I liked it better when it's busy, for time flies that way. Well, I brought a book so I'll just spend unbusy time reading The Fish Prince and Other Merman Stories.

' be back.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:01:00 AM, Blogger [vayie] said…

    Everytime I see heavy snow on TV, I remember what you said to me... on how winter could trigger a melancholic mood in you. I guess it's better when you're busy than doing nothing on a weather like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home