The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Monday, December 25, 2006

An eLf's Christmas wish

.
December 25, 2006
Monday

Christmas today, but for me, the day feels like just any other day. No much fanfare here. I just spent the whole morning in my room, listening to music and reading articles on the Internet.

New Year's resolution? Nothing much. Just to start saving money so I can fulfill my plans to come home next Christmas.

Personal plans? Now that I finally finished a painstaking project, that is, my debut musical project as haLf man haLf eLf, The Woes of Emong Payaso, I'm set to pursue another difficult task, to finally finish Book One of my book Engkanto: A Bestiary of Philippine Mythical Characters. My being a columnist at a Winnipeg-based newspaper, The Filipino Journal, is beginning to earn me a following. Add to this, the regular airpaly on a local radio station of the songs of my former band Half Life Half Death is again giving me what I achieved back in the old days in the Philippines--that is, popularity and affinity with a few influential people in the Filipino community. And I will use this opportunity to help me publish a book.

It's about time to take my creativity to the next level. In terms of music, I think, I've already accomplished a lot. Now I want finally to be considered an author, to legitimize my being a literary man.

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, December 26, 2006 2:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    merry christmas elf!

    hope matupad mo lahat ng pangarap mo sa buhay!

     
  • At Thursday, December 28, 2006 2:34:00 AM, Blogger penoi said…

    maligayang pasko at manigong bagong taon elf!!!

     
  • At Sunday, December 31, 2006 3:58:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    butch,
    salamat! haven't been in touch with the Net for quite a while. I have to disagree with Morrissey: work is not just a four-letter word, especially when you're an immigrant who has the tendency to be as competitive as you can be.

    sana matupad rin ang mga pangarap mo. Well, marami na namang natupad sa 'yo, may kotse ka na at mahaba na rin ang nagiging experience mo as a nurse. I'm sure you've gained a lot of new skills. Ako e, eto, pasimula pa lang. Okey lang. ' has to start somewhere.

    till then, my friend.

     
  • At Sunday, December 31, 2006 3:58:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    penoi,
    Happy Holidays rin sa 'yo! Keep on dancing with the music of life. I'm always waving my hands while I dance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home