The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Friday, November 03, 2006

In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not

.
November 3, 2006
Thursday


Last Friday, I finally took another important step concerning my professional career. I contacted College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba and inquired about my chances in challenging the provincial nursing registration examination. I gave a few basic details of my case: that I finished a four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree in 1992; passed the Nursing Licensure Examination in the same year, making me a Registered Nurse in the process; but that I never did practice the profession; instead I ended up working as a pharmaceutical representative for one year, as a document analyst and coding supervisor for three years, and as an editor/writer of scholastic publications for several years.

The receptionist told me that CRNM would recognize both my educational background and my work record, and that the toughest thing that I may have to undergo is to take a few subjects, depending on their assessment of my credentials and other related documents. They would send me an application package. So, by now I should begin collating all the necessary and related documents which would have to accompany it.

I already have copies of my transcript of record and college diploma. My PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) card expired in 2004, so I need someone in the Philippines to renew it for me. Charlotte already inquired at the PRC office. She said that I need to prepare passport-size photographs, an authorization letter and special power of attorney, and money for the penalty fee for failing to renew it promptly.

Despite my being busy with my jobs, I always try to make the most out of every opportunity that is just lying on my path.

I know...I know that luck is not enough. Above all, I should be the one to take the initiative to get things going. As in Invictus, by the British poet William Ernest Henley:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the budgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how straight the gait,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home