The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Monday, October 02, 2006

Today, I won't think of any sad thing

.
October 2, 2006
Monday

I started the week with a positive vibe. I'm up and running with my jobs. This morning, I was working at A&W Restaurant, from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Then, I bounced immediately to my other job, at Riverview Health Centre. I took the evening shift, 3:30 p.m. till 11:45 p.m.

Work is relatively easy, though some Alzheimer's-afflicted residents were giving me a hard time. I found a bit difficult changing them into pajamas and putting them to beds, because some of them were resisting. But I was able to manage them after all, with help from my partner healthcare aide.

Tomorrow, my work at A&W would be 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. At last, I can have a longer sleep later, not unless my agency calls early in the morning to give me a morning shift, 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. And I'm in the mood to work. I always think about the money that I would be wasting if I refuse an assignment.

...
I'm already excited about finishing the "Karnabal" single that Emong Payaso and I have been working on for almost a year. As soon as we finish it, and I have the CD cover sleeves printed, I'll drop by at Cafe 100.7 FM radio station to submit a copy for airplay. A Filipino deejay there, named Chester Pangan, is interested in playing my music on air, especially that he has already been playing regularly songs of my former band Half Life Half Death.

...
The Canadian Alternative Rock band Sloan, one of my favorites since the '90s, will be playing on October 20 at Silverado's, a venue near where I live. I must watch this gig. I hope that they'll include on their playlist songs from their Smeared album, tracks like "I Am the Cancer," "500 Up," and "Underwhelmed.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:03:00 AM, Blogger leila_bondoc said…

    hey eLf,
    all i want to say is KAMUSTA KA?
    alam kong busy ka pero bukod dun...
    :-)

     
  • At Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Lei,
    ' nice to hear sudden pop-ups from friends.

    Yeah, I've seen this coming...that, as soon as I have my job, I'd become busy and would have little time for Net surfing.

    Add to that, I've no Internet connection at home, for several weeks now. So, no matter how oozing with stories my "pen" is, I couldn't share these on my blog site.

    Oh, before this reply turn bloggish, I'd blog this after all...anyway...

    How are you? I would surmise that you're really gaining so much enlightenment in your teavhing career. I'm happy for you. Seldom do we find bliss in a job.

    As for your friend eLf, I'm really getting back into the groove of the working world, after three years of...oh well, you know what I mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home