The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Sunday, July 09, 2006

And the true adventure begins

.
July 8, 2006
Saturday


I don't know how to start this blog entry. Well, I just have to say once again...for every blessing there's an accompanying downside. But on second thoughts, the downside is a relief after all.

...
Last Wednesday, I received a letter from Immigration, informing me that my application for permanent residence is now complete. All I need to do is wait for a call concerning the date of my appointment, when the final decision would be made. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. May this be the big blessing I've been waiting for. Meantime, I'm still looking for a job. On Monday, I'd be starting to consider jobs other than my target (health care), just to keep my hands full, especially now that my sense of purpose has been racked due to Grandfather's ultimate demise.

...
Yes, at 4:55 p.m. here where I am, Grandfather--Conrado L(anuza) Vera Sr.--finally passed away. I'm just glad that he expired peacefully, without much pain. The hospital called us at home at around 8:30 a.m., telling us that Grandfather was no longer responsive. We rushed to his side. Other relatives and closest family friends arrived as well, to be there by Grandfather's side. Waiting for the death of a loved one was a real feat. Fortunately, I got through it all. Grandfather's dying face will stay on my mind for quite a while, and this will always remind me of all the little joys and big hardships that I've so far experienced here in Canada.

And as what my angel reminded me a while ago: "Your true adventure in Canada is just about to begin."

...
O Canada, welcome the real eLf!

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 1:54:00 AM, Blogger Jennie said…

    How ironic that your life will begin after a person's death. I am very happy for you that you'll be able to start your life and at the same time sorry that your grandfather passed away. Glad to hear that he wasn't in pain.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you...

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 4:56:00 AM, Blogger pee said…

    Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 12:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bro, first and foremost, condolences on your grandfather's passing. Also, it's good to know that at last you'll be an immigrant na, two years and it will finally pay off!

     
  • At Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Jayce Cortez Jacinto said…

    My deepest condolences, eLf.
    It's kinda...odd, no? People somehow expect a flood of emotions, either of joy or grief, after the storm. But really, after going through it what one really notices right after it is peace. I wish you a happy life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home