The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Friday, June 02, 2006

haLf man haLf eLf at Tugtugan 2006

..
I had a great time performing as haLf man haLf eLf at Tugtugan 2006, held at Pampanga Restaurant (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) last Saturday, May 27. Thanks to my musician friends who backed me up and shared my passion for New Wave music: Roy Gutierrez on guitars, Abet on bass, and Joshua Bernardo on drums. I also played keyboards.

We were third in line among the 11 bands that graced the event, performing five songs: "Just like Heaven" (The Cure), "I Melt with You" (Modern English), "More to Lose" (Seona Dancing), "Enjoy the Silence" (Depeche Mode), and an original song I wrote in 1999, "For Her Brilliance."

Here are some pictures, courtesy of my friend Jason Paredes, who with his band FourSight also delivered an electrifying set including covers from the Filipino Alternative Rock bands Siakol ("Sa Kabilang Mundo"), Slapshock ("Agent Orange"), and Advent Call ("Memories").


Video clips and more pictures next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home