The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Browney, My Dark-Brown DMs


This is my new, fourth pair of Doc Marten's. I didn't buy it; Cousin Mike's friend Reynil gave it to me several weeks ago. Posted by Hello

Reynil has always been the jolly and gregarious one. He never fails to greet his friends with an infectious smile and a childlike compliment. One day, noticing the pink DMs I was wearing, he said that he too had a pair of Doc Marten's boots but that he rarely wore it anymore so he wanted to give it to me. He even said that his pair was not as dazzling as my pink one, but that it was slightly used.

Dazzling or not, slightly used or worn out, of course his DMs excited me much. As I said, I have a great affection for Doc Marten's shoes.

One February night, Reynil and his wife, Arlene, dropped by at the house. As usual, Reynil's blithesome face greeted everyone; then, as he saw me, he uttered, "Hey, aLfie, here's the shoes I was telling you about...."

Of course, I couldn't suppress my delight as I took the dark-brown pair of Doc Marten's from him. I thanked Reynil profusely.

I was not too expectant, but I was glad he kept his promise.

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    alfie! aliw naman ako. puro sapatos nasa blog mo. hehehehe

    - noreen

     
  • At Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:50:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Noreen,
    Hahaha. Sa susunod, mga bonnet at medyas naman. Hahaha.

     
  • At Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey there my honey baby!

    oh, it's been a buzzzzy week. T-H-A-N-K-S for:

    -giving me a call last sat morn before i left for cavite
    -keeping me company on my way to leng's house
    -gazillion oh so sweet text messages
    -guarding me, keeping me safe (& sane) while im here in bicol
    -praying for my sis, clarissa & your inaanak, baby clarence's speedy recovery
    -for calling me last night (nakaisip ka na ng code natin, hon? *wink*)
    -loving kisses (ok, i lost count. haha!)
    -lots of new pictures!
    -friendster messages
    -emails & ym offnotes
    -making sure the "daddy ed" (which is almost a non-issue) thing is perfectly understood by everyone concerned
    -our early morning trysts
    -for taking care of me 24/7!!!
    -for everything...

    I LOVE YOU, aLf.

    -c.

     
  • At Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *enjoying your recent posts*

    talk to you later, hon. il text you when it's a good time to call, aight? have a restful zzzzzzzz.

    *mwah*

    -c.

     
  • At Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Great DMs!! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home