The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Friday, February 18, 2005

Dollar Giant


Photo taken on Friday, February 18, 2005, outside a thrift store named Dollar Giant, where every item costs only one Canadian dollar. Inside that yellow plastic bag I'm holding are the things I bought there: three pieces of headband (oops, the third one I'm already wearing), one hairbrush, and a set of highlighters/markers. Posted by Hello

Stores like Dollar Giant are common and popular here. Yes, even in a first-world country such as Canada, many people would not let discount stores escape the consumers in them.

Thrift, or "the wise economy in the management of money and other resources," and frugality, or "the prudence in avoiding waste," are universal human values.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 18, 2005 9:37:00 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    On Long Island, there are more and more dollar stores popping up. Some of them are really great; have a lot of useful household items for cheap.

    Anyway, I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi. I really enjoyed your post from about a week ago... "Plucking Leaves from My Tree Of Memories", and I left a comment there. I've been getting nostalgic the past few days, too.

    :-)

     
  • At Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:04:00 AM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Dear Danielle,
    Foremost, thank you very much to Fate for bringing your wandering mind to my blog site;

    But most of all, thanks to you for finding delight in reading my ideas.

    People like you not only inspire me to continue writing; they unlock many dormant memories.

    I'll pass by your den...

     
  • At Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:21:00 PM, Blogger jomama said…

    Re: that last paragraph.

    Yes, they are univeral values but
    from what I've seen in others, not
    universally practiced.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home