The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Who Said Old Dogs Couldn't Learn New Tricks?


Photo: Hemlock Valley Ski Resort, Agassiz, British Columbia, February 2004

Below is a copy of a letter I sent to my friend Jas Latina, who died in a freak vehicular accident last August 2004.

Friday, January 30, 2004

Dear Jas,

No problem; in case you get the chance to visit me here in Canada, I'll teach you how to snowboard; surely by then, I would have already been traversing the steep slopes. I spent about C$40 for the snowboarding gear; that included a one-hour lesson.

Oh, by the way, I bought a set of colored pencils and poster boards. I'd try to awaken my painting skills. I remember having this passion back in high school, though I never really pursued it. I'm also planning to buy an acoustic guitar. Ha-ha! I'd been in a band for more than a decade but I never learned how to play the guitar; perhaps because I was always surrounded by great guitarists like my best friend Rain, that I always hesitated to try learning it; but I can play the drums well. Who knows, I might finally learn how to play the guitar, especially that I've so much time in my hands (and fingers) right now to learn at least the basic chords.

I'll test the extent of my capabilities. I was thinking, why couldn't I, when I have just learned snowboarding, cooking, and giving myself and my grandfather a haircut--skills I never thought I'd ever learn in my life.

Okay, I have to log out now. Dinnertime is approaching; the kitchen is waiting for chef aLf.

your friend eLf from far away Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home