The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Monday, November 15, 2004

The First of a Dozen Verses

As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, I've acquired a new notebook which has been serving as my journal since the day I bought it, November 3. Inspired by my plight and by the constant encouragement of many friends regarding my indulgence in poetry, I've embarked on writing at least one impromptu poem that would serve as a postscript to my journal entry for the day.

This will be a test of my literary courage and prolificacy, for I intend to indulge in this feat for as long as I have the words with which to express what I'm thinking and feeling.

November 3, Wednesday:
*Love*
Your face smiles in my mind
My heart yearns for ever more
To be with you is what I wish for
Having you, I could no longer ask for more

Three years may be long
But the thought of a happy life with you
Turns those years into mere days

I will never forget what you said:
"Time and Distance is nothing
compared to Love"
Love, indeed, conquers all!

November 4, Thursday:
*Promise*
Receiving mails from you
always delights me
Catching you on the messenger
always excites me

Reading your words of fondness
fills my heart with gladness

Oh, my love
You're the best thing I ever do have

How I long to touch your face
Your kisses I want to taste

If I only have real butterfly wings
To home I will fly right away
For the meantime, listen as my heart sings
I promise you, my love
We will be in bliss together someday

November 5, Friday:
*Always*
Whatever some might say
I will always love you
Whatever some might do
I will still wait to be with you

No matter if they doubt my nobility
I will still be who I truly am
No matter if they discourage me
I will still stand by my ideals

I am who my family know I am
I am who my best friends say I am
I am who you believe I really am

November 6, Saturday:
*Perseverance*
You soothe me with your voice
You comfort me with your words
Your giggles make me laugh
Your sincerity makes me feel secure

But, most of all,
Your love makes me persevere
and dream some more

November 7, Sunday:
*Patience*
This may be short
Yet my patience to wait is long
This may be quick
But my love for you is strong

November 8, Monday:
*Hitík*
Sa dilim ng yungib
Liwanag ay tubig
Kabog ng dibdib
Badya ay pag-ibig

Mga likha ng pluma
Alay kay Haámyeda'r
Bawat dulas ng tinta
Sa kubling lugar

Mga akda ko ay hitík
Punung-puno ng pagsinta

November 9, Tuesday:
*Eternity*
I dread the day when we would finally meet again
For I feel afraid I might lose you again
I count the days elementarily
With every verse I indite with honesty

Oh love, Oh love
Do wait for me
For I, too, will
Very patiently

Oh wait, Oh wait
And forever love me
For I, too, will
Through eternity

November 10, Wednesday:
*Gently*
Blowing...like a gentle breeze
Flowing...like a silent stream
Glowing...like the full moon
Slow but moving...like a solitary swan

That's how my heart, for you, feels

November 11, Thursday:
*Cope*
weary and lonely
exhausted and tired
depressed and alone
homesick and sad

But your love is what
Makes me cope and
continue to hope

November 12, Friday:
*Fly*
If only I am avian
I'll fly home to you
If only I am magical
I'll fly home to you

But since I'm neither avian nor magical
I'll just fly home to you when I'm deep in slumber

November 13, Saturday:
*Just*
How does a man know if he's really in love with a lady?
How does the lady know if the man is really in love with her?
How does the lady know if she's really in love with the man?
How does the man know if the lady is really in love with him?

There are no hows. They just know.

November 14, Sunday:
*Home*
Through the open front-window blinds
Leafless trees I can see
Gray skies steady pour of the rain
Atop the lamppost perched a solitary crow
Whispering winds making the branches swing
I stare in silence, contemplating
My mind wide open, flying
Towards familiar places
To see familiar faces
I yearn I smile I wish I hope
That soon I may return home

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home